Sunday night was the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards. Besides the fact that women totally came up on top that night the highlight of the night was the closing act, Beyoncé. She did a compilation of songs from her latest album and it was incredible.
Weekly Round-Up: August 15, 2014
- Admittedly I am late to see this. In June, the period gurus at HelloFlo created a commercial that shows a young girl having her first moon party. The commercial shows what it’s like to deal with a first period. The jokes are hilarious and realistic. Check it out!
Weekly Round-Up: August 8, 2014
- Actress and singer Keke Palmer will become the first black woman to play Cinderella on broadway. Starting September 9th at the Broadway Theatre Palmer will start her starring role. According to producer Robyn Goodman this is following a lot of breakthroughs for African-American people on broadway. Goodman notes, “Look around America. Broadway is a little behind America”
Weekly Round-Up: August 1, 2014
- Comic-Con, the biggest comic convention in the WORLD is not a very safe space for women. There have many numerous accounts of harassment and unwanted touching for the women that attend. Since it has become so common there’s even a phrase to describe this behavior, “creeping at a con“. In response to the problem an organization, “Geeks for Consent” was started by three women. The group has started a petition to raise awareness and get Comic-Con to pay attention and address the issue. Sound like super heroes to me!
Weekly Round-Up: July 25, 2014
- First and foremost Beyoncé put this on her Instagram and I have to continue to share it because I love it:
Weekly Round-Up: July 18, 2014
- Somehow I missed this last week but it is too good to not bring up now! Texas Rangers baseball player Prince Fielder made waves when he bared it all on the latest cover of ESPN. In the world of athletics living up to a certain body image is a constant battle. He blows that out of the water showing his curves and real body. And he just rocks the hell out of those tattoos right??